[Skip to Banner] [Skip to Header] [Skip to Content] [Skip to Footer]

How to Enroll

Woman looking out window smiling


If you don’t have Medicaid or WVCHIP yet, you can apply for benefits with the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). Find out if you qualify

1.    Apply for benefits in one of these ways:

  • Online: Visit wvpath.wv.gov. Create an account to start your application.
  • By phone: Call the DHHR Customer Service Center at 877-716-1212.
  • In person: Visit your local DHHR office.

Find a local office

2.    Check your mail
Your local DHHR office will send you a notice telling you if you qualify for Medicaid. If you’re eligible, you’ll receive a medical ID card with your approval notice. You’ll also receive a packet to help you choose a health plan.

3.    Choose UniCare as your health plan
Once you are enrolled, we’ll send you a welcome packet in the mail!

Have Medicaid OR WVCHIP? Choose UniCare as your health plan.

Choose or change your health plan in one of these ways:

  • Online: Visit mountainhealthtrust.com/enroll.
  • By phone: Call Mountain Health Trust at 1-800-449-8466 (TTY 1-304-344-0015), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern time.
  • By mail: Complete the enrollment form you got in the mail.