Manage Your Condition
DM stands for Disease Management. The UniCare DM program gives you a choice and a voice in how to care for your health. DM case managers are licensed nurses. With their help, you will learn to better manage your condition and improve your quality of life.
DM is all about you
How to participate
Call 1-888-830-4300 (TTY 711) toll free. You will be asked some questions about your health to help get you started. You can also enroll online in one of our programs by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One-on-one help with depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or substance use disorder
- Treatment from a licensed mental health caregiver
- Specialist referrals, if needed
- Information about resources in your area
- Phone calls to you and your doctors to track your progress
Behavioral health overview
Major depressive disorder
Substance use disorder
UniCare covers health care and support services based on your heart condition. Some of these are coronary artery disease (CAD), hypertension and congestive heart failure (CHF). Services include:
- Heart health education materials and one-on-one support with a nurse.
- Medical equipment you need, such as a scale, to help you manage your health.
- A home health nurse when needed for diet help and for guidance on when and where to go for care.
- Details about heart education programs in your area.
- Phone calls to you and your doctors to track your progress.
Heart conditions overview
Congestive heart failure (CHF)
Coronary artery disease (CAD)
We have a case management program. If you have diabetes, a case manager can work with you by phone. They will help you set goals and create a care plan. Your case manager can help you:
- Set up a doctor appointment.
- Identify health goals and create a care plan.
- Obtain and use a glucometer.
- Find information about diabetes education programs in your area.
- Arrange for transportation or other special needs.
- Learn about diabetes.
Diabetes: food choices
Diabetes: staying active
Diabetes: tracking my progress
UniCare has a care management program for HIV/AIDS. This program will help you better understand and manage your HIV/AIDS. We can assist you to set health goals and create a care plan that fits your lifestyle. You do not have to join the program. You are automatically enrolled as a health plan member, unless you opt out of the program.
Useful phone numbersFor routine health questions
Call your primary care provider (the number is on your member ID card) or the 24-hour nurse help line
In an emergency
Call your case manager
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday toll free at 1-888-830-4300 (TTY 711) to leave a private message for your case manager.
Call the 24-hour nurse help line anytime, day or night, toll free at 1-888-850-1108 (TTY 1-800-368-4424).